Have u ever wondered how ‘googleable’ your name is? Wow! This is getting interesting every day. I sometimes wonder how things have changed over the past few years. Information Technology, more commonly internet has changed the way people tend to behave in their day to day activities.
I am coming back to the concept of ‘googleability’ now. I was flabbergasted when I read an article in TOI a few days back where I came to know that people are naming their newly born kids only after checking the ‘googleability’ quotient of the names. I heard about intelligence quotient, emotional quotient et al but what is this ‘G’ quotient all about? It means when you type the name, how precisely Google replies back with the results. It is basically a measure of the precision with which a name’s search queries are returned by Google. Wow! People have started thinking about the future already.
Everyone knows that the future is going to be paperless. Digitization of everything will take place gradually. Now, people who want their kids to have a private life in future might keep a common name so that when their names are searched on Google, then millions of pages are returned. For people who would like to see their kids’ names being returned in the first page itself can have a totally grotesque name so that the Google web crawler does not find it difficult to locate them out.
This is just the start. What other interesting things could happen?
- Brides searching for the groom’s track record on Google before accepting the marriage proposal. Guys beware! Your better half could be watching you. Don’t send too many odd requests on Orkut to unknown fairer sex. 😉
- A girl’s father tracing her movements through live Google Earth. Imagine what would happen to the love birds in Gujarat who do (what not?) during the navratras. The sale of condoms will fall… unfortunately for Kohinoor and the types.
- Cops will try to locate criminals through Google. They will search for information and then proceed according to the directions shown by Gooogle maps.
- Bollywood will go for a sample testing of its trailers on Google users and will continue with the movie only when they get satisfying response.
- USA will pay billions of $ to Google for helping them in finding Osama.
- Pakistan will consult Google to help them in finding solutions to their unstable domestic problems.
- Indian cricket team will have an online dedicated coach created through a paid Google account which will help them in learning new and scientific methods of fielding.
- Politicians will campaign through their blogs on blogspot and they will take the comments into consideration before finalizing their agenda for the elections.